|Location:||Sandyford, Dublin 18|
|Date Posted:||24th January 2020|
Who are Footprint Underwriting?
Footprint Underwriting is a dynamic and innovative Underwriting Agency founded late 2012 and based in Sandyford, Dublin 18.
Comprising of a team of highly skilled and experienced people, we aim to provide competitive insurance products with market leading cover and service.
As an Underwriting Agency we work alongside, and on behalf of, quality rated Insurers. Under a delegated authority we perform both Underwriting and Claims Handling functions – undertaking a variety of activities including:
- Portfolio pricing and underwriting,
- Portfolio analysis,
- Product distribution,
- Policy management and
- Claims management.
We pride ourselves on delivery providing a quality service to our Insurers, our Brokers and our Policyholders and Claimants. To provide a consistently great service, we need great people.
If you want to join a dynamic and growing team, with commitment to your development, read on.Reporting to the Underwriting and Operations Lead, the Assistant Underwriter is responsible for the day to day application of underwriting strategies, policies and procedures. Role modelling company values, you’ll deliver a professional, accurate and efficient underwriting service to our network of approved brokers, whilst supporting the Underwriting and Operations Lead in the development and implementation of effective underwriting strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
Professional management of own underwriting caseload including:
- receiving, investigating and assessing underwriting referrals in accordance with defined underwriting strategy
- making timely and accurate decisions, acting at all times within your underwriting authority
- communicating decisions and risk appetite to brokers in a professional, knowledgeable and courteous manner
- completing tasks associated with the administration of the underwriting account
- supporting, implementing and adherence to internal technical, operational and compliance procedures and practices
- contributing to broker audits and peer review processes to support the maintenance of an effective control environment
- Identification and implementation of operational excellence to ensure maximum trading efficiency is always achieved
- contributing to the development and implementation of new and / or enhanced products and customer propositions from concept to launch.
Demonstrating personal commitment to, and supporting the Underwriting and Operations Lead in:
- developing a high performance culture within a highly engaged team
- delivering a professional underwriting service
- developing a culture of continuous business improvement.
Support the Underwriting and Operations Lead in the development and implementation of new and / or enhanced products and customer propositions from concept to launch.
Support claims colleagues in sharing of technical underwriting knowledge.
Support the Underwriting and Operations Lead in the development and delivery of Operational and Technical Management Information and analysis.
Supporting the Underwriting and Operations Lead in the identification and implementation of operational excellence to ensure maximum trading efficiency is always achieved.
Any other activities as may be required.
- Team Player
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Organised and methodical
- Curious and analytical
- Good risk perception skills
- Personal Lines experience
- Able to balance achieving results whilst delivering a great service
- Preferably CIP
- Excel knowledge is preferable
Please submit CVs to Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please respond with your Curriculum Vitae, in the strictest confidence, to:
Level 1 - The Chase, Carmanhall Road, Sandyford, Dublin 18.