|Location:||Dublin City Centre|
|Date Posted:||17th October 2019|
Reporting to the Senior Technical Underwriter, this role will assist in driving the further development of the Company’s business by maintaining Underwriting discipline at the company and ensuring this discipline is best in class. The role shall involve securing new business and ensuring a strong renewal retention of currently held business. This will include the critical review and analysis of the new and renewal risks written by the Company as well as contributing to planning for short, medium and long-term goals.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in monitoring the profitability of the current premium line, identifying risks and/or portfolios that are, or at risk of under-performing.
- Escalate relevant issues to the Senior Technical Underwriter.
- Developing the account in line with Company objectives.
- Managing the new and renewal business written by liaising and/or meeting with relevant Third Parties such as brokers, agents, cover holders and colleagues in our international network. Identify any issues or concerns these Third Parties may have and resolve or escalate them to the Senior Technical Underwriter as appropriate. Seek new business opportunities from existing and new contacts.
- Meet with Claims Handlers, loss adjusters and other Third Parties whom assist the Company with the handling and operation of the business.
- Assist in identifying and proposing new markets and product opportunities for the consideration of the Underwriting Committee, CEO, Company and Group.
- Be aware of the financial targets of the business and work towards the achievement of both Annual Income and Loss Ratio budgets. Report any threats to the achievement of plan to the Senior Technical Underwriter.
- Engage with Underwriters, Business Analysts, Compliance and other stakeholders to ensure the smooth running of the RAF process.
- Assess business proposals from the local and international markets taking into consideration all relevant aspects and exposures of the business being presented in conjunction with the risk appetite. Refer any risks outside of own scope, experience and/or underwriting authority to the Senior Technical Underwriter.
- Assist in the Third Party Audit Plan, including monitoring and controlling the processes being carried out by the internal and external resources, reporting findings to the Head of Underwriting.
- Adhere to the laid down underwriting policies within the Company and Group in accordance with SOX, including working with Underwriters in all relevant offices as appropriate. Raise any issues identified with the Senior technical Underwriter, Head of Underwriting and/or Compliance Team.
- Adhere to the processes and controls that are in place to maximise the profits generated from written business, raise any issues identified with the Senior Technical underwriter.
- Assist in monitoring the Company’s exposure to aggregation and accumulation of risk to remain within the Company’s risk appetite. Escalate any issues to the Head of Underwriting.
- Provide the Senior Technical Underwriter with regular, and/or ad-hoc, accurate and timely reports on various underwriting areas including the underwriting performance of accounts, claims data analysis, market information and any other relevant matters.
- Build and maintain strong relationships within the broker market and other offices, collect market intelligence and share this with the Underwriting team.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Company through active and positive contribution to the strategic directions taken.
- Relevant professional /3rd level qualification.
- Maintenance of a recognised insurance qualification – minimum CIP.
- Minimum of 3-5 years previous experience in the Irish and/or international insurance markets.
- Familiarity with industry wordings and to be in a position to interpret the wordings, making suggestions for amendments or endorsements where necessary.
- Familiarity with analytical assessments of risks such as risk management issues, triangulations, adequacy of pricing, profitability.
- Experience and knowledge of the Irish and European Insurance Industry and how it functions.
- Preparation and delivery of high-quality presentations internally and to Third Parties relating to insurance topics.
Please respond with your Curriculum Vitae, in the strictest confidence, to:
31-32 Leeson Street,
Lower Dublin 2