Motor Account Handler
|Position:||Motor Account Handler|
|Location:||Sandyford, Dublin 18|
|Date Posted:||30th November 2018|
ARB Underwriting are one of the largest wholesale underwriting agencies in Ireland. In our 26 years we have built up a strong reputation on the market as an innovative and progressive company.
In an industry where the people behind a company are as important as the company itself; we are proud of the people behind us. We firmly believe that investing in our staff, developing strong career opportunities and allowing new generations of personnel to come through and lead the organisation enable us to maintain our level of success. Our multi disciplinary team offers a continuously improving level of service and quality in underwriting.
Sandyford, Dublin 18
The successful candidate will report directly to the Motor Manager and will be the first point of contact for all inbound broker enquiries. The purpose of the role is to provide comprehensive advice and guidance to our panel of brokers and to undertake all underwriting duties diligently and to the highest standard. This is a great opportunity for an energetic person to join a financial services group with a view to developing a challenging career that encompasses all aspects of insurance in an international environment.
- Providing accurate advice and guidance to our brokers;
- Approving cases for quotation and new business for PC, LCV and MTRR within the set binding authority of each scheme.
- Renewal preparation – premiums and documents
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned by the Motor Manager
We are looking for an individual who has at least 2 years experience working in a broker or insurance company handling motor insurance enquiries for new and existing cases.
APA personal insurance qualification is a requirement and working towards your CIP qualification.
Applicants need to have the ability to demonstrate, amongst other skills:
- An energetic can do approach to work teamed with a proactive ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks;
- Ability to work as part of a highly productive team in a target driven and busy environment;
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills with a high level of literacy and attention to detail;
- A good listener and effective communicator;
- Extensive and comprehensive working knowledge of all industry related Compliance & Regulatory provisions;
- Must be computer literate.
- 21 Days Annual Holidays (which increases by 1 day annual leave every 2 years of continuing service up to a maximum of 28 days)
- 10% Contributory Pension: 5% paid by the employee and 5% paid by the company (on completion of probationary period)
- Non-contributory Life & Disability Scheme (on completion of probationary period)
- Contribution of up to €1,500 towards a Private Health Insurance policy (on completion of probationary period)
A.R.B Underwriting Ltd is an equal opportunities employer
A.R.B Underwriting Ltd, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Registered No. 168567.
Please respond with your Curriculum Vitae, in the strictest confidence, to:
The Cube Offices,