Senior Claims Handler
A.R. Underwriting Ltd
|Position:||Senior Claims Handler|
|Company:||A.R. Underwriting Ltd|
|Location:||Blackrock, Co Dublin|
|Date Posted:||16th May 2018|
ARB Underwriting are one of the largest wholesale underwriting agencies in Ireland. In our 26 years we have built up a strong reputation on the market as an innovative and progressive company.In an industry where the people behind a company are as important as the company itself; we are proud of the people behind us. We firmly believe that investing in our staff, developing strong career opportunities and allowing new generations of personnel to come through and lead the organisation enable us to maintain our level of success. Our multi disciplinary team offers a continuously improving level of service and quality in underwriting.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Claims Manager and will be the first point of contact for all inbound Claims. The purpose of this role is to screen and record any Claims and facilitate exceptional levels of service to all clients whilst efficiently investigating, negotiation and resolution of claims within a substantial portfolio of First and Third-Party claims to include Personal Injury Pre Litigated & Litigated Claims within their allocated authority limit. The successful candidate will also be responsible for maximising the repudiation process and identifying unsatisfactory claims for withdrawal.
This is a great opportunity for an energetic person to join a busy financial services group with a view to developing a challenging career that encompasses all aspects of claims in an international environment.
ARB House, 9 Blackrock Business Park, Carysfort Avenue, Blackrock, Co Dublin A94 E4X2
- Responsibility for the pro-active management of a large portfolio of claims;
- Communicating verbally and in writing to clients, assessor, third party insurers, legal professionals, medical professionals, investigators the Injuries Board and other relevant parties and stakeholders.
- Appointment of assessors investigators and other expert witnesses;
- Verification of policy provisions and endorsements;
- Identification and investigation of potential fraudulent claims;
- Meeting settlement targets and prioritise, work as set by the Claims Manager;
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned by the Claims Manager, which may also include deputising in their absence;
- Proactively identifying and recommending innovative ideas to ensure continuous high levels of efficiency and customer service at all times;
- Provision of support to the Claims Department and all team members in relation to all claims;
- Ensure that all activities are compliant with both internal claims procedures and external regulatory requirements such as the CPC and DPA.
We are looking for an individual who has at least 2 years claims handling experience within a very busy claims environment. Applicants need to have the ability to demonstrate, amongst other skills:
- An energetic and flexible approach to work teamed with a proactive ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks;
- An informed interest in fraud prevention, detection and investigation within a claims environment.
- Ability to work as part of a highly productive team in a target driven and busy environment;
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills with a high level of literacy and attention to detail;
- A good listener and effective communicator;
- Capacity to demonstrate a solid working knowledge of the provisions as set out within the Book of Quantum;
- Awareness of the relevant Road Traffic Act provisions.
- Extensive and comprehensive working knowledge of all industry related Compliance & Regulatory provisions;
- Must be CIP qualified or Central Bank compliant as per MCC.
- Must be computer literate.
Salary: €Negotiable (DOE)
- 21 Days Annual Holidays (which increases by 1 day annual leave every 2 years of continuing service up to a maximum of 28 days)
- 10% Contributory Pension: 5% paid by the employee and 5% paid by the company (on completion of probationary period)
- Non-contributory Life & Disability Scheme (on completion of probationary period)
- Contribution of up to €1,500 towards a Private Health Insurance policy (on completion of probationary period)
A.R. Underwriting Ltd is an equal opportunities employer
A.R.B Underwriting Ltd, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Registered No. 168567.
Please respond with your Curriculum Vitae, in the strictest confidence, to:
A.R. Underwriting Ltd
9 Blackrock Business Park,
Co Dublin A