Senior Private Client Advisor
|Position:||Senior Private Client Advisor|
|Date Posted:||16th April 2018|
The primary role of the Private Client Adviser is to prospect for new clients for our client’s retirement planning, financial planning and investment advisory services by networking and any other means of generating interest from potential clients and referrals, turning these into increased business for the firm. You will also directly manage an existing base of high net worth clients and will be expected to use your own initiative and skills to maintain and further develop these existing clients.
OUTLINE OF POSITION:
- Advising clients on all aspects of their pensions, ARFs, personal investments & protection needs.
- Generating new business opportunities through client meetings and referrals.
- Generating new business opportunities by networking and working with referrers (e.g. accountancy & legal firms).
- Help to improve the firm’s market position and growth throughout Ireland.
- Ad hoc projects / assignments as they arise.
- Work with the Marketing Department to identify opportunities for campaigns and services that will lead to an increase in sales.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- All applicants must be fully QFA qualified – minimum requirement for this role.
- All applicants should have at least six months’ experience on a full time equivalent basis regarding the provision of MiFID services or activities.
- Third level degree (advantageous) in relevant discipline.
- 3 – 5 years advisory experience in financial services with a proven track record of growing and developing existing and new client relationships.
- Good knowledge of investment markets and technical pension issues is required.
- Strong administration background.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and relationship management skills.
- An ability to plan and organise to maximise the efficiency of role.
- Flexible and adaptable to many varied situaitons as they arise.
- Good understanding of the conduct of business requirements set out under MiFID regulations and the Consumer Protection Code 2012.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- A high level of accuracy/attention to detail.
- An ability to prioritise workload.
- Able to work on their own initiative .
- Highly Networked.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office & CRM).
This is a controlled function (CF3): persons providing advice or information to consumers / retail clients on:
- retail financial products (life assurance policies, pensions, structured deposits and financial instruments); and
- the reception and transmission of orders in relation to one or more financial instruments.
As such this role is subject to the Fitness and Probity Standards (F&P) and Minimum competency Code (MCC) requirements issued by The Central Bank of Ireland.
Please respond with your Curriculum Vitae, in the strictest confidence, to:
87 Merrion Square