For the second year running, Brokers Ireland and Insurance Ireland are pleased to publish the 2022 Diversity Survey report in collaboration with Deloitte.
The inaugural 2021 survey report provided a baseline assessment of the diversity levels within the Irish Insurance landscape (across Brokers and underwriters). The purpose of this year’s survey is to understand the current diversity landscape since the 2021 survey was conducted, reflect on areas of strength and identify any gaps to enable future improvements within the industry.
Additional questions were added to the 2022 survey to capture a more comprehensive picture of the sector’s diversity, such as ethnicity data, among others. The survey which was conducted across 153 Brokers and 47 insurance companies, shows that 34% of respondents have an active D&I strategy in place, an increase of 7% from 2021.
Some of the key findings of the 2022 report are as follows:
- 69% of large organisations said that hybrid working has improved diversity at their company.
- 35% of small firms, 73% of medium firms and 100% of large firms have either one or multiple networks in place relating to D&I interests.
- 34% of respondents have an active Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) strategy in place compared to 27% in 2021
- 47% of the respondents said that D&I is a Board and Executive agenda item compared to 39% in 2021
- 19% of respondents have either a full or part-time D&I resource in place, compared to 14% in 2021
- 27% of senior leaders in the sector are women (Board, C-suite for Insurance Ireland members and director for Brokers Ireland companies)
In comparing the results to last year, it is encouraging to see a positive upturn across several key 2022 findings and observe progress in aspiring to more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplaces. Diversity matters and the insights gleaned from the 2022 report can be applied in developing new initiatives in driving real progress and improved outcomes for our industry.
We would thank all members who participated in this year’s Diversity and Inclusion research. To view a full copy of the REPORT, CLICK HERE. The press release is published here.
If you would like any further information please contact Rachel McGovern at email@example.com or call 086 825 9938.
CEO Brokers Ireland
Pictured above: Ciara Regan, Partner, Actuarial & Insurance Solution, Deloitte Ireland; Diarmuid Kelly, CEO, Brokers Ireland and Moyagh Murdock, CEO, Insurance Ireland;