Annual Anti-Money Laundering & Counter Terrorist Financing (AML/CTF) Training – Template Presentation
Thu Jun 14 2018
It is a requirement for all intermediaries to undertake annual Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing (AML/CTF) training. The Brokers Ireland’s template presentation has been approved for 1.5 hours formal CPD* by the LIA, IOB and III for 2018 subject to the conditions as outlined below. The purpose of the template is to provide a format for staff training – members must personalise the presentation to include reference to the firms specific AML/CTF procedures and processes.
Member firms should be aware that the Fourth Money Laundering Directive is still awaiting transposition. Brokers Ireland will issue updated guidance and presentation to members to reflect the new requirements of the Directive in due course following its transposition.
Note: All directors including non-executive directors are required to undertake this training.
Member firms can access the presentation in the presentations folder in the reference library section in the compliance members area of the Brokers Ireland website. You will find it here.
*The presentation needs to be given by a Qualified/Grandfathered individual within the firm.
The LIA have advised that a soletrader cannot avail of the CPD as there must be active participation in the presentation. i.e. one cannot read the template and get formal hours
You must keep a record of the date of training and the names of individuals who attended.
- IOB Reference number: 2018 – 1261
- LIA Accreditation number: LIA02865_2018
General Insurance Brokers Ireland Members do not have to apply individually for CPD as the Insurance Institute of Ireland has awarded the Brokers Ireland template: 1.5 hour formal CPD.
There are 3 conditions attached to this accreditation:
- The course material cannot be altered – only this presentation can be delivered.
2. The presenter must have an appropriate insurance qualification/Grandfathered and must be CPD compliant.
3. Attendees must be issued with a certificate or other proof of attendance at this CPD event as it will be required should they be audited by the Insurance Institute or the Central Bank of Ireland.