Central Bank of Ireland New Portal – Latest Member Update
Thu May 20 2021
The Central Bank issued a communication to intermediaries, 10th May in relation to registering an administrator on the new Central Bank of Ireland Portal. This system is separate to the online reporting system and will be used from the 24th of May by intermediaries when making certain changes for example, change of legal/trading name of the firm.
This registration requirements is applicable to All members (Sole traders, Partnerships, Ltd Companies and Self-Employed Agents). Members must complete this registration by the 23rd of May 2021. Please note that only one Portal Administrator per institution can be nominated.
Outlined below are the steps to successfully register a Portal administrator which involves 1. Registering for a personal Portal account via the Portal Website, and 2. Submission of the Portal Administrator On-Boarding return via upload of the excel spreadsheet through the ONR System.
Central Bank Portal
- Click on the following link: Registration Portal (centralbank.ie)
- Click on the red Start Registration button on the right-hand side of the webpage
- Step 1: Input your first name, last name and email address, click next.
- You will then be emailed a verification code, please note that this verification code is only valid for 30 minutes.
- Step 2: Enter the verification code and click next.
- Step 3: You will then be asked to create a password. Your password needs be a minimum of 8 characters in length and contain at least one lowercase letter, uppercase letter, number and special character. Click on submit.
- If successful, the screen will then display “Your person code”, it will also be emailed to you. It is very important that you retain this code on file as you will need this going forwards when signing into the system.
- Second Factor Method Authentication: At your first login you will be presented a screen to set up your second factor authentication. There are three options for second factor method: (1) Mobile app, (2) Phone call, or (3) Token. Guidance on how to set up each of the three options is available on the help & support site here (ID: 154). we recommend you also view the Central Banks short video on the process.
- Click sign in
- Input your person code and the password you have just created.
- A drop down menu will appear where you choose whether to complete authentication via the Microsoft Authenticator App or authentication via phone call (it is recommended that a personal mobile device is used for the chosen second factor authentication as you will be required to have access to this device at every login)
- For the mobile app option you are required to 1. Download the ‘Microsoft Authenticator’ app to your mobile device, 2. When opening the app click Create new account or + and choose ‘work or school account’, 3. Click ‘scan QR code’, and 4. Scan the QR code presented on the Portal webpage in the second factor method set up screen. (Please note, clicking ‘authenticate me now’ before scanning the QR code to link your device will result in an error)
- For the Phone call option you are required to choose the country code i.e. Ireland +353, and enter your mobile/contact number. You can then click ‘call me now’ and answer the automated call which follows. An automated message will ask you to press the pound key to approve the login. (When using the phone call option, please press the # key on your keypad when prompted to press the pound key)
- Once you have set up your second factor method, this will be used for any subsequent logins to your account. If using the mobile app option, you will receive a notification to your phone to ‘approve or deny’ the login attempt. If using the phone call option you will receive an automated call and will need to answer and press # when prompted to approve the login attempt.
- An excel spreadsheet was attached to the email received by you from the Central Bank with the title CXXXXX_20210507_POB.xlsx – you should complete the required details in the sheet under the following headings: Institution code, Person code (From portal registration), First name, Surname. Only one person’s details should be inputted and if information is correct, OK will be displayed in Error messages column.
- If you receive an error stating ‘the details entered do not match a registered user’ please ensure 1. That you have completed registration for the Portal and received your person code, and 2. That the details you have entered (first name, last name, email address) match exactly the details you used during Portal registration.
- When saving the spreadsheet, input your firm’s institution code (Central Bank number) replacing the xxxxxs. Do not amend the date section of the filename or make any other changes to the title or settings of the spreadsheet, and make sure to remove any additions that may have been including when saving i.e. copy of.
Central Bank Online Reporting System (ONR)
- Once you have registered for the Portal system, you will receive the following message at login ‘You are not currently connected to any institutions’. Please note, this message is expected. In order to connect your personal Portal account to your firm on the Portal, you are required to submit an On-Boarding Return via the ONR system.
- Members should then log in to Central Bank online reporting system here (Login details are the same as for making the annual return). You may be asked to change your password.
- The Portal Administrator On-Boarding return will be available in your list of returns by clicking ‘view/edit data’ from your ONR homepage.
- If the return is not appearing in this list, please contact your ONR firm administrator who will be required to delegate access to this return to any additional users.
- At the bottom of the homepage, click on Task: 23-May-2021 – Portal Administrator On-Boarding….
- Under Data, select Portal Administrator On-Boarding and you will have the option to ‘load a file’. You will then be promoted to browse locations to upload the excel file named CXXXXX_20210507_POB.
- A Portal Administrator on-boarding file screen will display confirming the status (which may be queued)
- Go back to the homepage, click again on Task: 23-May-2021 – Portal Administrator On-Boarding…. and click on finalise.
- A screen will display to say that the upload has been finalised, click on the back button.
- You must now sign off the return. Once completed, a confirmation should appear to confirm that the return has been successfully completed. (Please note, the return is required to be signed-off on the ONR system in order to be fully submitted to the Central Bank)
- Once this return has been processed, you will be able to view your firm’s details via the Portal system at your next login.
Further guidance on how to complete the return is available in the members section of the Brokers Ireland website in the following location, Compliance Support/Reference Library/Information Documents & FAQs. Central Bank guidance is also available here.
The Central Bank has provided guidance & supports here should you encounter any issues accessing your Portal account after registration.
- This may include forgotten password, person code, or a loss of access to your second factor authentication device.
- If you have lost temporary access to you second factor method, we recommend waiting until such time as you have access to the device again.
- If you have permanently lost access to your second factor device, you will need to delete your current second factor authentication and reset up a new second factor at your next login. Your second factor method can be deleted if necessary by following the guidance here (this requires you to enter the email address you registered with, and once the automated email has been received, click on the requested link)
- Please note, should you delete your second factor authentication option and not have an alternative set up, the link between your Portal account and the firm will be deleted for security reasons. You will receive an email confirming your link to the institution has been deactivated.
- If the firm has additional Portal administrators set up on the system, please contact them to re-link your account through the Portal. If you were the only Portal administrator connected to your firm, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address and confirm your person code and the institution C code where your connection was deactivated.
If you have any queries on the registration process, please contact us at email@example.com