Covid-19 – Latest Level 5 Restrictions Announced
Tue Oct 20 2020
It was announced recently, that the entire country will move to Level 5 at midnight on Wednesday the 21st of October. Click here to see the measurers that will apply.
Following the announcement the Government published a list of essential services, this list contains “Financial and legal activities” defined as “services relating to financial and legal activities…including financial, insurance and banking services (including post office and credit union services) provided by a financial services provider”.
Please see below some of the main items in Level 5 that may impact your business:
ORGANISED INDOOR GATHERINGS
- These are controlled environments with a named event organiser, owner or manager.
- For example: business, training events, conferences, events in theatres and cinemas or other arts events (excluding sport).
- No organised indoor gatherings should take place.
You should work from home unless you are providing an essential service for which your physical presence is required.
DOMESTIC TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
- Stay at home.
- Exercise within 5 kilometres of home.
- There will be a penalty for movement outside 5 kilometres of home, with the following exemptions:
- Travel to and from work, where work involves providing an essential service
- Attend medical appointments and collect medicines and other health products
- Vital family reasons, such as providing care to children, elderly or vulnerable people, and in particular for those who live alone but excluding social family visits
- Farming purposes, that is food production or care of animals
- Visit a grave
- Walk or cycle where possible.
- Public transport will operate at 25% capacity for the purposes of allowing those providing essential services to get to work.
- School transport is unaffected.
PANDEMIC UNEMPLOYMENT PAYMENT
Government have also announced the restoration of the top rate of Pandemic Unemployment Payment (PUP) to €350 a week.
If you have any questions in relation to the above please contact Rachel McGovern at firstname.lastname@example.org
Brokers Ireland will continue to work on your behalf and do our utmost to keep you fully informed as updates become available. We welcome any member queries that you may have and we ask that you directly email queries to the following contacts:
- Life/Financial Services – email@example.com
- General – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compliance/Central Bank – email@example.com
CEO, Brokers Ireland