COVID-19 Update – Public Health Restrictions Extended & Face Coverings Required
Sun Jul 19 2020
You may already be aware that an Taoiseach, Michael Martin announced yesterday that current public health measures will remain in place until 10 August and that the country will now NOT be progressing to Phase 4 of the Revised Roadmap for Reopening Society & Business.
The Government made this decision based on advise they received from the National Public Health Emergency Team who highlighted their growing concern for the rise in the number of cases in recent weeks and the R number now rising to above ‘1’.
In Michael Martin’s address last night, he highlighted 5 steps that the Government has now taken to further protect public health. Face coverings, Pubs, Bars and Nightclubs, Social Visits, Mass Gatherings and Foreign Travel and the Green list.
Of particular interest to our members is the use of Face Coverings.
Yesterday The government agreed that face coverings should be worn by all customers in shops and shopping centres across the country. Retail staff will also be required to wear a face covering unless there is a partition between them and members of the public or where there is a distance of 2 metres between them and members of the public. Regulations, with details on enforcement and penalties are in the process of being drafted.
Please find a link below to the gov.ie website for guidance on face covering.
The summary of steps introduced by Government includes:
• Face coverings must be worn in shops/staff must wear them too unless partition between them and the public; regulations for this and details of penalties will be formulated on this
• Pubs and bars/nightclubs/hotel bars and casinos to remain closed until August 10th
• Pubs serving food can remain open;
• It is now recommended social visits to people’s homes to be limited to 10 people from no more than four other households;
• Current restrictions of 50 people at indoor gatherings and 200 people at outdoor gatherings is being extended to August 10th;
• Advice against non essential foreign travel continues; green list to be published on July 20th.
Brokers Ireland will continue to work on your behalf and do our upmost to keep you fully informed as updates become available. We welcome any member queries that you may have and we ask that you directly email queries to the following contacts:
• Life/Financial Services – firstname.lastname@example.org
• General – email@example.com
• Compliance/Central Bank – firstname.lastname@example.org