Future Financial Experts TY Programme – Next Steps for FB Mentors
Tue Feb 8 2022
Dear Financial Broker.
Many thanks for attending the Future Financial Experts ‘train the trainer’ webinars during January and February. We hope that you found the webinars useful in helping you prepare for the mentoring aspect of delivering the programme to TY students in schools.
Following on from yesterday evening’s final webinar and to recap on the next steps of the process:
Next Steps for Mentoring on the Programme
- We currently have 80 schools registered (52 schools) placements available to Financial Brokers to participate
- From Monday 07 February, Financial Brokers (who have completed the training modules) can email email@example.com with their preferred locality and available mentoring dates which will be recorded on the central register
- Once a FB has been allocated a school by Brokers Ireland, they can then make contact with the TY coordinator in the school to arrange mentoring dates
- FBs can also reach out to local schools however MUST notify Brokers Ireland if they successfully agree on a placement with a school
- Once a placement has been arranged, Brokers Ireland will send you the four-module presentations which include:
- The PowerPoint presentations x4; PDF copies of the presentations x4 (which you can leave with schools) and the accompanying scripts x4
When Mentoring in Schools
- Before starting to mentor in the classroom, liaise with the school TY coordinator to check on equipment ie. wifi for videos; presenting PP on a monitor/screen; HDMI leads, etc
- Arrive early to the first session to check that your presentation is set up in advance
- Student course certificates will be sent once you commence your mentoring. This is a template document that the individual school can customise & distribute for each student who participates in the programme
- Upon completion of the four modules both the FB and School will be asked to complete a feedback form to help with the development of the programme
The programme aims to improve the profile and awareness of the role of Financial Brokers through inspiring secondary school students and giving them some financial understanding and takeaways that will help to create positive life-long habits for managing their future finances. Most importantly for you, as classroom mentors, enjoy the experience and have some fun with it!
Thanks again for agreeing to participate on the Future Financial Experts programme and we look forward to hearing your feedback, once you have delivered the programme in schools. If you have queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Financial Services Director