Retail Intermediary Authorisations Webinar – Completing Application Form B for Authorisation as a Retail Intermediary
Tue Oct 10 2023
The Central Banks Retail Intermediaries Authorisations Team will be hosting a webinar on the 6th of December 2023 at 10.00am. The purpose of the webinar is to provide applicants with a better understanding of the requirements of the retail intermediary authorisation process, provide some helpful tips for completing an Application Form for Authorisation as a Retail Intermediary – B Form, and to flag some common issues that can delay the progress of an application, for example poor referencing, inadequate evidence of appropriate governance, staffing and/or the location of the mind and management of a firm.
Form B is completed in respect of firms who falls in at least one of the following criteria:
- Proposes to have an organisational structure that includes branches, tied insurance intermediaries, IIA tied agents, sub-brokers or agents within 12 months of authorisation; or
- Proposes to operate as a Managing General Agent (MGA)7 within 12 months of authorisation; or
- Proposes to passport its services into other Member States within 12 months of authorisation; or
- Proposes to provide services to 2,500 or more consumers based on:
- a projected average number of consumers in years 1-3 post authorisation; and
- including direct and indirect consumers of the applicant (i.e., including consumers of branches, tied insurance intermediaries, IIA tied agents, sub-brokers and agents of the applicant).
If you are interested in attending this webinar, please email your contact details to RIAuthorisations@centralbank.ie.