The Insurance Institute of Ireland’s Certificate in Climate Risk
Wed Jul 26 2023
What is it?
In a rapidly evolving regulatory landscape, understanding climate risk is not just a necessity, but a responsibility for every insurance professional.
The Insurance Institute of Ireland’s Certificate in Climate Risk, supported by the Sustainable Finance Skillnet (SFS), has been designed specifically to provide you with the knowledge and expertise needed to support customers, colleagues, and communities in the transition to a sustainable, low-carbon world.
The certificate has been validated on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) at Level 7 (10 ECTS).
How it works?
The programme is self-directed, allowing you to work through the material at your own pace. Industry experts present at key points in the curriculum to contextualise and localise the content. All live sessions are recorded, and content can be accessed 24/7.
On completion of this programme, you will understand:
- The key factors that underpin the science of climate and global warming.
- The current and future impacts of climate change on economies and the financial services sector.
- How physical, transition and liability risks impact financial institutions and explore their wider social impacts.
- Why climate risk is a priority for central banks and financial regulators and outline current EU legislation and its role with regards to climate risk measurement and disclosure.
- How to embed climate risk in organisational culture.
What do our graduates say?
- “The enthusiasm and helpfulness of the Institute’s staff was fantastic, they were so friendly and accommodating, it really added to the course.”
- “I was impressed by the abundance of high-quality presentations and documents provided”
- “I really feel like my understanding and appreciation of climate risk has been enhanced by the course.”
Duration: 14-week course begins on 4th September 2023.
Cost: €745 Insurance Institute Members and €795 Non-Insurance Institute Members (potential 30% support available through SFS).
For more details, please visit👉🏻 https://bit.ly/3XpgrIJ