“A Fair Presentation of the Risk – Brokers duties and responsibilities following the enactment of Part 2 of the Consumer Insurance Contracts Act, 2019″
Presented by Peter Lennon, Partner, Ronan Daly Jermyn
Wednesday 26 May 2021 | Duration: 1 Hours
With the provisions of CICA due to commence on September 1st, Peter Lennon, Partner at Ronan Daly Jermyn, will deliver a presentation to Brokers Ireland members covering the following areas:
- What we are to expect?
- What scenarios might happen?
- What redress is there for dispute resolution? If any
- How does the law of agency work now? Have any principles changed or is it replaced? Whose side are Brokers on now?
- What about information in the public domain? Is it relevant?
- Where do solicitors see the main changes before & after the law?
- Will there be a definite set of “don’t do’s” once the law is in place?
- We see how insurers deal with TOBA’s & GDPR, can we assume insurers will foist even more responsibility on Brokers?
Peter will also explain how statements of suitability / reasons why and the terms of business fit into the overall scheme of things when Brokers are faced with claims.
CPD will be request from the education bodies and will be subject to their approval
About the Speaker
Peter Lennon is a Partner in Ronan Daly Jermyn and works from their Dublin Office. Peter has
practised in insurance litigation all of his career and specialises acting in the defence of negligence
claims against insurance intermediaries and other professionals.
Peter has taken a keen interest in the defence of insurance intermediaries in front of the FSPO and
regularly appears in mediations before the FSPO and on full hearings by their office.
Peter has a broad range of experience in handling brokers claims as he has acted for CGPA in this
jurisdiction since their commencement of underwriting here and is well known to the intermediary
market for his work in acting on intermediaries.
Peter has worked with the Corporate and Regulatory Groups in RDJ in several recent disposals and
acquisitions of Intermediary’s in the Irish Market
Peter is a graduate of Trinity College, a member of the Law Society of Ireland, the Institute of
Directors in Ireland and is also a main Board Member of Datalex Plc.