Brokers Ireland Members Meeting – February 2023
Presented by Brokers Ireland
Thursday 02 February 2023
Brokers Ireland upcoming Members Meeting is aimed at updating Insurance and Financial Brokers (Principals and Directors) on the development and advancements of the Association’s strategic priorities as we progress through the year.
The board of Brokers Ireland are resolute in driving Brokers’ narrative to ensure that our member’s interests are always consistently represented to key influencers and national decision-makers as we continue to prioritise strategic objectives which embody the real and current challenges facing Irish Brokers.
This meeting, provides an opportunity for members to offer constructive feedback on any support that is required and to raise issues that currently effect your brokerages and are integral in helping to shape Brokers Ireland roadmap going forward. We strongly encourage all members to get involved in this two-way participative process.
- 10:00-10:40 hrs INSURANCE BROKER UPDATE – Cathie Shannon, Director of General Insurance, Brokers Ireland
- Agency Agreements
- Differential Pricing
- Insurance Broker Brand / Future of Insurance Broking
- Broker Software
- Other issues
- 10:40-11:20 hrs – COMPLIANCE UPDATE – Elizabeth Smith Wright, Head of Compliance, Brokers Ireland
- Highlighting the ongoing work of the Compliance unit
- Update on review of CPC
- Central Bank focus areas for Intermediaries
- Regulatory Changes
- 11:20-12:00 hrs – FINANCIAL BROKER UPDATE – Rachel McGovern, Director of Financial Services, Brokers Ireland
- Pensions Reform
- Financial Broker Brand
- Market Evolution
- Life Office Service Issue
- Mortgage Market
- Financial Broker lobbying issues