Dealing with Complaints
Presented by Keith Smyth, Smyth Solicitors
Thursday 11 February 2021 | Duration: 1 Hours
Brokers Ireland is inviting our Insurance and Financial Broker members to join us to attend a webinar on “Dealing with Complaints”. The presentation will be delivered by Keith Smyth, Smyth Solicitors and will cover the following items:
1. Brokers’ duties to clients in the sale of products and services;
2. Regulated v. unregulated activities of brokers;
3. How brokers can respond to data access requests;
4. Clients’ right of appeal/complaint to regulators
4.1 Complaints to the Data Protection Commission;
4.2 Complaints to the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman of Ireland.
5. Potential approaches by brokers to legal and contentious matters that can arise.
CPD will be applied to the relevant educational bodies. Confirmation to follow.